Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Heart of the Matter

So there is not a ton of new stuff to share regarding our adoption journey.  Our home study is done and off to immigration!!  Woohoo!  That is a super big step done.  God answered my prayers on that one in a huge way!  I am now working on the dossier and hope to have that completed and sent to the Congo soon.  I realized something yesterday that I wanted to write about.  Jesus wrecked my life!  In a good way!  He turned everything upside down and my heart wants only to serve him, to love him and to seek him.  I have been wrestling with my heart and my emotions this entire adoption journey and I could not figure out what was wrong with me.  Why did I cry about the adoption journey taking so long?  Why could I not focus on anything but adoption, adoption, adoption?  What was wrong with me?  I realize now it is the longing in my heart to serve an amazing God and to be totally focused on that.  I had heard about the book Kisses from Katie but I had never thought to read it.  My sister was visiting and during our conversation she said you need to read this NOW!  So I started and I connected.  This book helped me to understand what was going in my life.  Jesus wrecked me!!  And I love it.  You see I used to love shopping and would be obsessed with buying expensive things to decorate my house.  I used to spend way too much time shopping on the internet for expensive clothes.  I used to desire material things.  And then Jesus wrecked me.  And now I want to care for the orphans, serve the poor and love others with all I've got.  I am now obsessed with Jesus and his plan for my life and I love it!!  And I love that I live this journey not by myself but with my family.  We can read the Bible, we can learn about the poor and the orphans, we can read amazing books and we can make a choice.  We can take action or we can do nothing.  As for me and my family, I want our hearts to be broken for what breaks HIS! What would happen if the 1 million readers of Kisses from Katie actually submitted fully to God's will for their lives?  What would the world look like?  I think it would be amazing.  I think it can be amazing! This life journey has been incredible and I am so excited to see how Jesus continues to wreck my life.  I hope to be able to update soon with news about a referral.  Until then we will continue to love, serve and live for Jesus!!

2 comments:

  1. "Jesus wrecked me" Love it! Believe it or not, I haven't read her book yet, even though I've been following her blog for some time. Need to get my hands on it! Beautiful family by the way. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete